Senior Backend Developer Python
Senior Backend Developer Python
Do you have a passion for software development and system architecture, and are you enthusiastic about distributed data intake systems and data processing? Do you have experience with Python or similar languages? Then we are looking for you!
Working remotely is also possible!
Within this position you fall under a partner organization of Coosto. This partner organization is a data supplier that is active worldwide in collecting millions of public vacancy data. Within this position you will work in a team that focuses on an efficient way of collecting this data through web crawling / spidering. You can work as a backend developer at Coosto in Eindhoven, Alicante and/or remotely.
As a result, you come into contact with all layers of our architecture, consisting of various distributed applications, databases, queues and file systems. We work with Python, Bash / Shell, GlusterFS, MySQL, Redis, Kafka and RabbitMQ and we run all of this in Docker and / or Kubernetes.
As a Senior Backend Developer you will work in a Scrum team and you will realize the product roadmap together with the team. You will of course make an essential contribution to this product roadmap. You will work on further defining and expanding our software landscape and the associated architecture, based on a microservices architecture. It is important that you know how to take the software to a higher level with your experience and vision. You work closely with your colleagues in the Scrum team and with the Product Owner. You are also a mentor for the other team members.
First of all, you have a passion for your work. You are therefore always working on new technologies, programming, innovating and continuing to challenge and develop yourself. Scalability of processes, and thus performance, is important to you and you have an affinity with distributed systems and data processing. You enjoy researching and experimenting with new tools and technologies.
If you are someone with a strong sense of ownership, are open-minded, are not afraid to ask questions and are a friendly and helpful person, then you will definitely feel at home in one of our teams.
- You have a bachelor's or master's degree in Informatics or Computer Science or another relevant study program;
- You have +/- 3 years of experience as a Backend Developer with knowledge of architecture;
- Extensive experience with Python or comparable languages and good knowledge of MySQL;
- Extensive experience with the Linux command line, Bash, Shell Scripting and Crontabs;
- It is a great advantage if you have experience with one or more of the following techniques: stream processing, ETL processes, queue systems and in-memory databases.
- You have experience with working in an Agile environment;
- You have good communication skills and your English is excellent;
- You are a real team player.
Coosto and it’s partner organization are energetic and enterprising organizations. As a Backend Developer you will work in a stimulating environment, full of technical challenges, in an international team of fun and smart colleagues. The culture is informal and professional. We have a passion for the product and the company, and have a work hard, play hard mentality. We have an office in Eindhoven and Alicante.
We also offer you:
- Professional and personal development;
- Laptop and other IT resources that you need for your work. We are fully equipped for remote working. Everything for your workplace at home and at the office is arranged for you;
- An excellent salary;
- 26 vacation days, Coosto pays your pension and you get a discount on your health insurance;
- We like to be active and organize the best company outings with #CoostoActive: skiing, participation in the Eindhoven marathon, Virtual Reality gaming, yoga, kickboxing, karting, salsa dancing, Strong Viking Run and pub quizzes. Something for everyone!
- And when we get back to the office, we will have the nicest Friday afternoon drinks, pizza sessions, hackathons, always a well-stocked fridge with (healthy) snacks, and the most fantastic Christmas party in Eindhoven (we are proud of that;)).
Nice! We look forward to receiving your CV with accompanying motivation and will contact you as soon as possible.