Backend Software Developer
Do you love coding? Do you prefer automating any task that you need to repeat more than once? Are you a team player with a strong vision on clean architecture and code quality? Then join us in the role of Backend Software Developer!
As a Backend Software Developer at Coosto you will be working on our product: a software tool with which our client make daily decisions based on social media data. As part of our social accounts team, the beating heart of our applications, you will build services to integrate social platforms into Coosto. You will work closely together with other development teams to understand their needs, to translate these into services.
You will develop new services and help to convert existing solutions into smaller, independent (micro) services. These new micro services can be developed in PHP, Node.js or Elixir, whatever you and your team decide. We have our standards as to performance, security, scalability and high availability, and of course you do too. You’ll explore new technologies and share your insights with your team.
You have the desire and drive to build high quality solutions. You are always exploring new ways to innovate, automate, challenge yourself and others, and improve your coding skills. You have proven the ability to build first class backend applications. And you are no stranger to designing and coding with non functional requirements incorporated from the get-go.
You can pick up new programming languages and other technologies fast, you are open-minded and you are not afraid to ask questions.
- You have a bachelor or master degree in the area of Computer Science or equivalent;
- You have at least 1-2 years of working experience in Backend Development;
- You have experience with at least several of the following technologies: Elixir, Node.js, PHP, Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Kafka, MySQL, MongoDB;
- It is a big plus if you have experience in functional programming;
- You feel comfortable working in an Agile environment;
- You have excellent communication skills;
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Coosto is an energetic and enterprising organisation. As a Backend Developer you will be tasked to solve many technical challenges in a continuously changing environment. You will work in an international team of smart and enthusiastic colleagues. The company culture is professional and informal. We have a passion for our product and for our company, and are proud of our work hard, play hard mentality.
Next to the above, we offer:
- Professional and personal development;
- Laptop and other IT resources that you need to do your job. We are fully equipped for working remotely. Everything you need for your workplace, both at the office and at home, will be arranged;
- Excellent salary;
- 26 vacation days, Coosto pays your pension contribution and you get a discount on health insurance;
- We like to stay active and organise fun events with #CoostoActive: skiing, participation in the Eindhoven marathon, Virtual Reality gaming, yoga, kickboxing, karting, salsa-dancing, Strong Viking Run and pub quizzes.We have something for everyone!
- And when we are back at the office, we have awesome Friday afternoon drinks, pizza sessions, hackathons, a fully stocked fridge with (healthy) snacks, and not to forget the best Christmas party in the Eindhoven area (and proud of it ;))
Nice! We are looking forward to receiving your cv with a motivational letter and reply promptly to let you know if we want to meet you to talk about your future at Coosto.